When planning your new Iowa custom home, discovering ways to create the kitchen of your dreams without blowing your budget can be a tricky. Luckily we’ve worked with many of new luxury home owners and guided them through this very process!
Now we’d like to share some of our favorite kitchen design savings solutions that we’ve uncovered over the years. We’re sure these designs will help you get the kitchen of your dreams while still staying within your budget.
- A great trick for creating an elegant backsplash design is to combine tiles. When you combine standard tiles with more expensive tiles, used solely for accents, you will be able to create beautiful designs while saving on expense.
- If you’re looking for an alternative to granite without a costly impact to your overall budget, here’s a great tip! You can save money by using alternatives such as concrete, soapstone or quartz. To save even more, use tiles instead of solid slabs. This option will still provide the same rich look, just at a lower price that will give your budget the wiggle room you need for extra amenities like double-ovens or deep basin sinks.
- A great solution for aspiring home chefs wanting that “commercial kitchen look” without the commercial kitchen cost is to incorporate a free-standing range with a stainless-steel hood instead of the traditional microwave and fan combination.
- Light is a huge design trend for 2013 and something that can be incorporated into any kitchen, regardless of your budget. Use lighter colors of paint on the walls and flooring and add single, large windows instead of multiple smaller ones. This color and window combination will not only lighten up the feel of your kitchen, but it will also make it look larger.
- Iowa custom homes need to incorporate elements for our seasonal weather changes. A great solution to help out in the winter months is to add a double-sided fireplace to your new luxury home design. Not only will this option provide instant charm and warmth to two rooms, when it comes to budgeting, you’ll only be paying for one fireplace chimney instead of two.
- Adding a walk-in, custom pantry is a great way to save on cabinetry costs and to optimize your kitchen storage space.
Guidance from Des Moines Builders
The biggest cost savings tip we can offer is to work closely with your builder. At Castle Pointe Homes, we’ll work with you to prioritize your needs and wants and create a luxury custom kitchen that not only meets your lifestyle needs, but that also exceeds your dream wants.
Take the first step towards creating your luxury custom home and contact us today for an initial consultation.