The holiday season is in full swing and for many of us, it’s now the time to start thinking about holiday decorating. In honor of this exciting season, we’ve pulled together some great home decorating ideas we’re sure will spruce up your Iowa custom home and spread cheer and warmth to your family an friends.
Des Moines Builders Holiday Decorating Ideas
Here are a few of our favorite holiday decorating ideas for your home:
- Have a bright white front door? White doors are perfect for making the deep colors of evergreen wreathes and garland pop! Add a little extra flare by tying on extra-wide red ribbons and incorporating white twinkle lights to complete this classic holiday look.
- For larger entrances with double doors, add a two piece wreath. Cut an extra large wreath in half lengthwise with wire clippers and use florist wire to attach extra evergreen clippings and ribbons to help fill in any gaps. Hang a half of your wreath on each door so they meet in the center with the doors closed.
- For outdoor columns or post, instead of the standard wrapping with lights or plain garland, why not kick it up a notch and add in ornaments or pinecones. These little additions are sure to take your outdoor theme from “oh” to “ahhhhhh” instantly!
- Large outdoor pots that are often dormant during this time of year are perfect platforms for additional outdoor decorating fun. Plant a small evergreen shrub and wrap it with lights or create mini trees by stacking beautifully colors alumni ornaments in a pyramid shape.
- Extend your holiday cheer all the way to the curb by adding a festive mailbox topper to a square mailbox post or wrap an iron mailbox with beautiful garland and ribbons.
- White, green and red lanterns filled with varying sizes of white candles will add instant elegance and charm to any fireplace mantel, book shelf or hallway nook.
- Dress up your kitchen by wrapping pendent lights, kitchen islands and bars with garland. Not only will it bring a sense of warm to your kitchen, but the crisp smell is sure to put you in the holiday mood!
- Don’t forget those presents under your tree! Take a little extra time when wrapping gifts this year to create beautiful custom bows or add elements, such as ornaments or pinecones, to give your packages a little extra cheer.
Iowa Custom Home Decorating
Enjoy the holiday season and make your home welcoming and inviting, from the outside in. Play off your Iowa custom home’s natural beauty and use it’s built in elements, like columns, doors and fireplace mantels, to inspire your holiday decorating creativity.